DANCE GROUP WAIVER, RELEASE, & CERTIFICATION
The dance group agrees to hold Sealaska Heritage Institute and the Celebration event employees, officers, and volunteers harmless from any and all claims for personal injury, or damage to or loss of property suffered in connection with dance group activities while attending any event(s) related to the 2018 Celebration.
We certify the information contained in the application and registration forms is true to the best of our knowledge.
1) As dance group leader, I understand that I am responsible to ensure that each and every individual dance group member signs a Waiver and Release form prior to participation in Celebration events.
2) We agree to abide by the cultural protocol of acquiring the proper permission and acknowledging the clan ownership of songs that our dance group performs.
3) We certify that our dance group will only perform songs for which we have received the culturally appropriate permission, or that we have members of the clan or tribe owning these songs performing with us in our dance group.
4) We certify that our dance group will perform during the allotted time period so as not to reduce performance time of dance groups to follow.
5) We authorize the release of our dance group name and address for educational or cultural purposes or in response to requests for the names of available dance groups.
6) We authorize the use of any video or photographs taken by SHI or its agent of our performance for cultural or educational purposes.
7) We agree to refrain from making political statements, engage in political activities during performances, or distribute polical campaign materials during the event.